The Afroamerican University of Central Africa (AAUCA) has commenced a comprehensive global search for the appointment of young laboratory assistants to reinforce laboratory activities related to teaching and research. This constitutes an excellent opportunity for young professionals to become part of an educational institution that seeks to become a reference of the Equatorial Guinean and international higher education, very particularly thanks to the strong support granted by the national government and the strategic vision that drives the Organization. Consequently, one (1) position for a Language Laboratory Assistant is available.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
1) A Bachelor´s degree from a reputable university in the field of Modern Languages;
2) A master’s degree in Modern Languages & Cultures (Spanish, English or French), Interpreting and Translating Studies, English-French Interpreting with Translation or a closely related discipline will give the candidate a more significant advantage;
3) Proven experience of at least one (1) year as a Language Lab Assistant preparing lab sessions for student instruction and assisting with tutoring and speaking practice as requested by professors;
4) Native or near-native speaker competence in Spanish;
5) Proficiency command of the English language;
6) Communication skills and ability to transmit knowledge to undergraduate students in a highly multicultural environment;
harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds;
8) Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
How to apply
1) Interested applicants are requested to email their curriculum vitae and personal statement to info-iesalc @unesco.org by indicating the
vacancy title "Language Lab Assistant" on the email’s subject;
2) The curriculum vitae submitted shall affix a recent photo (45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels of quality);
3) Only complete applications (curriculum vitae + personal statement + photo) will be considered;
4) Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview;
5) Applications will close at 23:00 GMT on September 06, 2020.