Inviting applications for Adjunct Instructors to teach credit bearing English as a second language courses in the English Language Institute at the University at Buffalo.
Credit-bearing courses include online and/or in-person undergraduate student instruction in spoken and written English and graduate student English language training for International Teaching Assistants.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans for online and/or in-person instruction based on established syllabi and specific international student needs.
- Evaluate student progress and academic achievement through a combination of course projects, papers, exams, and overall student engagement.
- Maintain student records such as grades and attendance.
- Participate in required departmental meetings and professional development events.
- Hold regular office hours for student conferencing.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY
’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University
About Western New York
Western New York is an ideal place to live and work. Buffalo, called "The City of Good Neighbors," offers outstanding public schools and affordable housing. Buffalo is a diverse cultural center with excellent theater, museums and music as well as sports teams. For more information, please see: http://www.buffalo.edu/about_ub/the-buffalo-niagara-region.htmlBuffalo Niagara Region.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.