Full-time Faculty, Composition
American International University – Kuwait City
for the 2021-2022 Academic year
American International University (AIU) is looking for dynamic and engaged full-time faculty for its general education program housed in the newly established School of Arts & Sciences. We seek individuals who are passionate about teaching, mentoring, and building successful learning environments with students, and who embrace working collaboratively with faculty from across disciplines.
AIU invites applicants for a full-time Faculty (Assistant, Associate) appointment to teach composition courses within our university-wide general education program. Though the area of specialization is open, the ideal candidate will have experience and expertise in one or more of the following: first-year composition instruction, writing-across-the-curriculum, and writing for social science, science, and technical disciplines. The successful candidate will demonstrate active scholarship in his or her specialization(s). The candidate should have experience with various instructional modalities (classroom, hybrid, and online learning) and demonstrated familiarity with relevant instructional technology and learning management systems to effectively facilitate learning and communication with students. The candidate will also possess the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. Experience working with English language learners is highly desirable as is experienced in Writing Program or Writing Center administration. The position carries the expectation for research and school and University service in addition to teaching responsibilities.
Candidates should demonstrate excellence in teaching related to their specific expertise and be able to work within a small program, emphasizing personal attention to our students. We expect leadership in undergraduate teaching and mentoring, curriculum development, and program assessment. We welcome candidates who will broaden our curriculum and diversify our campus community in regard to race, gender, and ethnicity.
- M.A. in Rhetoric & Composition or related field (Ph.D. Preferred).
- Effective communication skills in English
- University teaching experience
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship
- Experience with various instructional modalities (classroom, hybrid, and online learning) and demonstrated familiarity with relevant instructional technology and learning management systems
- Commitment and experience working effectively within a diverse university community
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from a variety of disciplines
- Experience working with English language learners a plus
- Experience with program and course outcomes assessment highly desirable
- University Teaching: 5 years (Required)
- Masters (Required); Doctorate (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Arabic (Preferred)
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait whose first student cohort was admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education, including a comprehensive general education curriculum. Through its educational and student services programming, the University serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit the Job Opportunities section of our webpage and submit your resume and cover letter: https://aiu.edu.kw/careers/jobs