Sichuan University-Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI) Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) program invites applicants for a position in Writing and Digital Humanities (broadly conceived), effective fall 2022. We are seeking outstanding candidates with a demonstrated commitment to pedagogical excellence, especially in teaching courses that involve Digital Humanities and Academic Writing. We are interested in candidates with an active research agenda developing or designing digitally-based projects in the Humanities or Social Sciences. We are looking for candidates who can contribute to a shared vision of building an innovative Digital Narrative and Interactive Design (DNID) major that addresses the unique needs of SCUPI students and harnesses the academic potential of Sichuan University and the University of Pittsburgh.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to the developments of academic programs related to DNID, HSS, and writing.
2. Classroom teaching of undergraduate courses in related areas of DNID and/or academic writing
3. Maintain an active research agenda
4. Performing general service responsibilities associated with academic settings of higher education in the US and China
1. Ph.D. in Digital Humanities, Composition, and Rhetoric, English, or in a relevant field with a specialization in digital media and culture, humanities/social sciences computing, GIS, new media, interactive platforms, game design, education technology, or other digital humanities-focused work
2. An established scholarly agenda in digital and humanistic/social science studies
3. Academic writing teaching experience
4. High level of English proficiency
5. Flexibility and ability to work with others in a collaborative, dynamic environment
1. Experience teaching digital humanities courses to undergraduate students and/or a strong record of publications in digital humanities or related fields
2. Familiarity with curriculum and course development
3. Interest in developing innovative courses and pedagogical approaches in the Humanities and Social Sciences for STEM students
1. Resume or CV
2. Cover Letter
3. 3 References
4. Teaching Statement
HOW TO APPLY
Prospective applicants should email the required documents in pdf format. Use the subject heading "Humanities and Social Sciences Search", and email to Mr. Gavin Tang (email@example.com) before November 30, 2021.
About Sichuan University-Pittsburgh Institute：
Sichuan University – Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI) is an engineering institute formed in cooperation with Sichuan University (SCU) and the University of Pittsburgh (Pitt). Located in Chengdu, China, SCUPI is one of the institute-scale, collaborative entities between leading universities in the U.S. and China. The undergraduate program, focusing on advanced and sustainable manufacturing, offers three undergraduate majors in Industrial Engineering (IE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), following the Swanson School of Engineering’s core curriculum. Within six years, enrollment is projected to reach a steady state of 1600 students with a faculty of approximately 80 members. All courses will be taught in English. SCUPI will have a new building to be constructed on Sichuan University’s international campus in Chengdu, Sichuan. The building will house state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities and provide students with active and innovative learning experience. The SCUPI Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) program supports SCUPI’s educational vision by offering courses that build students’ critical and creative thinking as well as providing students with global perspectives. HSS houses the SCUPI Writing Center, which offers required writing and language courses, in addition to providing academic support for SCUPI’s English as a medium of instruction (EMI) learning environment.