University of Idaho
Temporary Lecturer - Spanish
College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
$41,985- $44,555 DOE
The University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, invites applications for a full-time, Temporary Lecturer of Spanish in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures. The department seeks a dynamic and collaborative faculty member to teach Spanish language courses, as well as general education courses (ISEM) in English for first-year students. The successful candidate will be academically prepared and professionally qualified for a 4/4 teaching load.
The temporary appointment is for the 19-20 academic year and will not be continued.
- Ph.D. in Spanish Literature, Culture, or Film
- Fluent proficiency in written and spoken Spanish
- Minimum of two years experience post-secondary language instruction
- Teach Spanish culture, language and film in English.
- Research emphasis in Environmental Humanities
- Research emphasis in ChicanX or LatinX Studies
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in communications, assessments, teaching, and learning
- Experience or knowledge in Hybrid classes or online classes.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
First review of applications will begin Monday, July 1, 2019 and will continue until the position has been filled.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.