University of Idaho
Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor - German
College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
$41,526 - $43,969
The University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho, invites applications for a full-time, Temporary Lecturer of German in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures. The department seeks a dynamic and collaborative faculty member to teach German language courses. The successful candidate will be academically prepared and professionally qualified for a 3/3 teaching load. This temporary appointment is for the 19-20 academic year and will not be continued. Visiting Assistant Professors will hold a regular teaching position at another institution, otherwise individuals will be appointed as lecturers.
- Ph.D. in German Literature, Culture, or Film;
- Background in German Studies;
- Fluent proficiency in written and spoken German;
- Minimum of two years experience post-secondary language instruction.
- Research emphasis in Environmental Humanities;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in communications, assessments, teaching, and learning (e.g. SmartBoard, BlackBoard, MSOffice Suite).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
First review of applications will begin Monday, July 1, 2019 and will continue until the position has been filled.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.