The School of Arts and Sciences at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of English to begin teaching in Spring 2024/Fall 2024.
The successful candidate will have:
- D. in English, Rhetoric and Composition, or a related field from a Western accredited institution at the time of appointment
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Academic qualifications and/or specialization in teaching Composition
- Experience tutoring in a Writing Center
Candidates will have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for professional scholarship, and assist in curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. In addition to a tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek a world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications through AUD's Recruitment Portal, where they can create
their profiles and provide the necessary documents.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references.