The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
In support of the UJ vision and mission, the UJ Faculty of Humanities, is committed to the ideals of human dignity, freedom of expression and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge, in order to advance our understanding of humanity and the pursuit of the social good. As such the faculty is focused on the sustainability of individuals and society through our reflective engagement with the problems of existence experienced by both individuals and society. This mission is closely aligned with that of the university namely, to transform and serve humanity through innovation and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge.
The Department of Strategic Communication was established in 2010 as one of three Departments in the School of Communication. It is the only Department of Strategic Communication in Africa, and as such it is at the forefront of disciplinary and curricular development, also within the global context.
- Teach, supervise and promote a culture of innovative learning at both undergraduate and post graduate level.
- Contribute to curriculum development in the field of specialisation, especially at post graduate level.
- Promote quality research and research outputs through research supervision and publication.
- Enhance the public profile of the Department through visible academic citizenship and industry liaison.
- A Masters degree in Strategic Communication or related disciplines.
- Strong disciplinary grounding in Communication Management/Corporate and/or Marketing Communication, or related field.
- Evidence of advanced research competence in the form of research outputs and/or professional portfolio; evidence of research and teaching competence.
- Involvement in post graduate supervision;
- Willingness to guide research-based community engagement projects;
- Established track record of academic citizenship and/or relevant industry experience.
- Teaching and learning incorporating a blended learning and/or online learning pedagogies using digital technologies in an innovative manner is strongly recommended.
- A Doctoral degree in Strategic Communication or related disciplines.
- Excellent academic/professional record
- Publications in field of expertise
- Knowledge and/or experience of digital communication contexts, Web 4.0 and/or content development.
- Industry experience, recognition and awards
- Professional accreditation
- Involvement in professional bodies
- Desire to establish an academic career path
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Exhibits integrity
- Articulate communicator
- Cognitive flexibility
- Collaborative team orientation
- Values diversity
- Individual initiative and self-management
- Communicates effectively in oral, written, and electronic form
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Efficient time management
- Relevant technological skills
- Can balance work and personal needs
- Works within the confines of outcomes- based management
- Understands ethical underpinnings of the role and acts accordingly
ENQUIRIES REGARDING THE JOB CONTENT: (HR Business Partner) on 011 559 2956 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you require technical support/ assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337 / 0861 CAREER or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.