The Centre for Africa-China Studies (CACS) at the University of Johannesburg, an exciting initiative in the forefront of research on Sino-Africa relations, is offering two Post-doctoral Research Fellowships (PDRFs) for a two-year period from February 2020 until February 2022. Applications open on 1 December 2019 and close on 31 January 2020.
- A PhD in International Relations, Political
Studies, Economics or related fields.
- A research focus on some or all of the following:
?? African political economy
?? Africa-China relations
?? Africa and Asia-Pacific relations
?? Chinese foreign policy
?? Chinese economy
?? Global political economy
- Proof of accredited publishing capacity.
- Willingness to work in Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
Besides this, proposed research topics will need to correspond with the CACS research programme.
- An interest in the Fourth Industrial Revolution and its relationship with the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- As an equity employer, the University of Johannesburg will consider all applications in accordance with demographic representativeness and the relevant policies of the university.
To apply, please send the following to CACS Research Director Bhaso Ndzendze (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31 January 2020:
- A CV incorporating accredited published outputs and two references.
- A 1, 000-word research statement indicating intended outputs for the 2020-2022 period.
- A competitive compensation rate;
- A diverse and state-of-the-art working space;
- University-wide research support and resources;
- Travel and conference opportunities.
1 December 2019: Applications open.
15 January 2020: Shortlisting starts.
31 January 2019: Applications and short-listing
3 February to 14 February 2020: Interviews.
21 February 2020: Final selection.