Nazarbayev University’s Center for Preparatory Studies (CPS) is currently seeking a qualified, experienced Senior English Fellow/Lead Teacher in EAP to begin in August 2019.
CPS has two academic programs: a Foundation Year Program (NUFYP) and a pre-masters preparatory program. NUFYP is an intensive academic English (EAP) and mathematics program that prepares students for study in Nazarbayev University’s undergraduate schools. NUFYP students improve English expertise, expand mathematical competencies, and develop academic study skills in preparation for their future studies. The minimum English entry level is an overall IELTS of 6.0. CPS also operates a one-year pre-master’s curriculum that enhances students’ English skills and prepares them for study and research in NU master’s degree programs.
Job Description Overview
The Senior Teaching Fellow (in NUFYP) is responsible, under the directions of the Head of Discipline and Deputy General Director, for teaching courses, leading and developing a team of teaching fellows (8-10), and contributing to the quality of the program.
The successful candidate must have the qualifications, experience, character, and skills required to effectively teach, work, and lead in a challenging preparatory undergraduate program in a research University in Kazakhstan. Minimally, these include:
- Completed Master’s degree in the appropriate subject area
- Pertinent teaching philosophy and pedagogy with the ability to mentor others
- Ability, shown through education and/or experience, to (1) teach high-achieving students, (2) work in a multicultural educational environment, (3) collaborate as a supportive team member, and (4) live and work in Kazakhstan
- Evidence of a strong work ethic, exemplary professional and personal character, a mentoring attitude, and detail oriented organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Compelling desire to contribute to Kazakhstani youth and NU’s educational development
Nazarbayev University offers:
- An internationally competitive salary for faculty in preparatory programs
- 56 days paid leave per year
- Rent-free housing based on family size
- Relocation allowance
- Air tickets, including dependents, twice a year to home country
- No-cost medical insurance with global coverage
- Educational allowance for dependent children
To Apply click the link http://smrtr.io/38q9H and upload (in PDF if possible):
1. Curriculum Vitae: max 4 pages (normal font and spacing), including Contact Information for at least two referees and the contact information of your current/most recent supervisor. Note: referees/employer will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted and give permission.
2. Cover Letter (max 1 page).
3. Application Information that includes (1) a paragraph of 100 words or less stating your motivation for applying to CPS, (2) a sentence of 50 words or less that describes your teaching philosophy, and (3) a statement affirming when you can arrive in Kazakhstan if offered the position.
Do not upload any other materials to your application at this time. Prior to shortlisting, candidates are asked to complete a questionnaire.
Review of applications will begin immediately; position remains open until filled; applications received before 20 June are given full consideration.
Questions regarding CPS, the program or the position can be addressed to the Director through Smart Recruiter. Additional information can be found at the official website of Nazarbayev University www.nu.edu.kz.
Nazarbayev University is an EOE.