The Afro-American University of Central Africa (AAUCA) has commenced a comprehensive global search for the appointment of junior and senior professors for reinforcing its teaching faculty staff. This constitutes an excellent opportunity for young teachers to become part of an educational institution that seeks to become a reference of the Equatorial Guinean and international higher education, very particularly thanks to the strong support granted by the national government and the strategic vision that drives the Organization. The Department of English Philology is making significant investment in new academic positions to support its strategic development within the next years to enable the Department to be an active player in the field. Consequently, one (1) position for a Junior Professor of English is available.
As a junior faculty member of the Department of English Philology, you will form part of a team of experts who are excited about institution building and passionate about teaching in a new-born university with a strong international orientation. You will be responsible for teaching undergraduate students as a lecturer of English Language. You should be able to initiate and guide scientific research and foster interuniversity collaboration opportunities within your field of expertise.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
1) A Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees from a reputable university in the following fields:
a. English and/or Creative English Writing;
b. Linguistics and/or Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching;
2) Proven experience of at least three (3) years in the teaching of English language at university level;
3) Native or near-native speaker competence in Spanish;
4) Communication skills and ability to transmit knowledge to their undergraduate students in a highly multicultural environment;
5) Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students;
6) A good team player with the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds;
7) Quality-oriented, innovative and willing to be part of a team who will contribute to the development of an academic and research excellence pole in Central Africa;
8) Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
How to apply
1) Interested applicants are requested to email their curriculum vitae and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the
vacancy title "Junior Professor of English Language – Department of English Philology" on the email’s subject;
2) The curriculum vitae submitted shall affix a recent photo (45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels of quality);
3) Only complete applications (curriculum vitae + personal statement + photo) will be considered;
4) Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview;
5) Applications will close at 23:00 GMT on September 04, 2020.