University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) (Formerly known as College of the North Atlantic – Qatar) is the first national applied University offering applied Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields.
UDST has over 50 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuous Education and development and more. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art training facilities. UDST boasts more than 20 years of experience in Qatar; it started as a College and transformed into a university in 2021.
With more than 600 staff and over 5,000 students, UDST is the destination for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). Our faculty are committed to developing the students’ skills and help raise well-equipped graduates that are proudly contributing to a knowledge-based economy and making the Qatar National Vision 2030 a reality.
The School of Business Management invites applications for positions at the level of Senior Lecturer or Assistant Professor in Digital Communications and Media Production.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of courses within Digital Communications and Media Production. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment including a multi-media training laboratory. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the University and beyond.
Faculty members will be placed in the appropriate rank based on their education and experience for the role.
For Assistant Professor
A PhD or an equivalent Terminal degree in Digital Communications or a related field of study. A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training or industry training environment, along with 5 years of relevant employment experience. Candidates will also be recognized against the following criteria:
- contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice which would be expected to be international in its scope;
- contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development;
- professional recognition and standing amongst peers;
- academic subject leadership or academic management
For Senior Lecturer (Senior Technical Instructor)
A minimum of Master’s degree (or equivalent as designated and approved) in a relevant discipline from a recognized, accredited institution.
A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment,
A minimum of 5 years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education).
- Professional certification in Digital Communications / Marketing.
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based project.
Other Required Skills:
- A thorough knowledge and work experience in Digital Communications.
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
- Ability to initiate applied research projects
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.