The Department of Romance Studies at Tufts University invites applications for a full-time lecturer position in French language to begin September 1, 2023, with possibility of renewal. This position is benefits-eligible.
- Teaching 6 elementary, intermediate and advanced French languages courses per year, 3 in the Fall and 3 in the Spring
- Engaging in curriculum-related activities
- Serving as pre-major and major advisor
- Serving on a School of Arts & Sciences or University committee
- Masters’ degree required; Ph.D. in French or related field preferred
- Native or near-native fluency in French and English essential
- Demonstrated excellence in designing and teaching French language at the college level (experience in the U.S. preferred)
- Evidence of creative pedagogical practice reflecting knowledge of current methodologies
- Command of instructional technology applied to language learning
- Evidence of a commitment to designing curricula that address issues of equity and justice with a focus on marginalized communities
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit a letter of application, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, and have three confidential letters of reference which should be directly uploaded to Interfolio by recommenders. All materials must be submitted via Interfolio. Note that our department is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and candidates’ materials should address how they will promote these priorities in their professional career.
Questions about the position may be directed to Bridget Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of a background check and meeting the University’s current COVID-19 vaccination requirements.