Search for University Jobs in Humanities
Operations Manager, Humanities and Arts
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Operations Manager, Humanities and Arts
Humanities & Arts Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provide operational support and coordination for the Humanities and Arts (HUA) Department Head. Manage day-to-day operations and staff of the department to ensure a professional environment with proper implementation of policies and procedures. Manage essential functions for operation and growth of the department under the guidance of the Humanities and Arts Department Head.
- Manage and coordinate operations of the Humanities and Arts Department office.
- Document departmental administrative policies and procedures as well as provide needed support for departmental staff.
- Assist and contribute to setting policies and procedures, research, planning, strategic and development activities.
- Assist and contribute to HUA projects and initiatives.
- Provide support to the Department Head by handling routine contacts, answering questions and gathering information requiring discretion/sensitivity.
- Provide administrative support for all confidential matters.
- Oversee and assist in marketing the department via venues such as the Web, social media, brochures and a department newsletter.
- Coordinate HUA faculty and staff recruiting and hiring process.
- Process faculty and staff employment authorizations, appointments and salary documents.
- Assist the Department Head and budget manager with budgetary affairs of the department.
- Oversee and assist the Department Head on day-to-day fiscal and budgetary administration of the department. Be responsible for budget formation; prepare and oversee preparation of budgets; maintain departmental budget records; and oversee petty cash.
- Maintain and oversee administrative/academic records (e.g., financial, student, and budgetary) requiring discretion and knowledge of procedures.
- Assist and contribute to setting policies and procedures, research, planning and development activities.
- Serve as department representative to other university units and outside agencies on administrative matters.
- Provide administrative support to the HUA Department and committees; serve on committees as appropriate.
- Coordinate tasks and administrative assistance for HUA programs as directed.
- Coordinate HUA department events in collaboration with other department staff.
- Coordinate completion of annual department surveys and reports.
- Coordinate with Department Head and staff to oversee HUA facilities.
- Use a variety of business or technical programs (spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, file management packages, communication software) to complete information management or production tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please include a cover letter, identifying why you are qualified for the position and 3 professional references (Names & Contact Information).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of five years of experience in an administrative support, operational, or related support position capacity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access) and other office productivity tools.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to successfully work with the Department Head, Associate Department Heads, department staff, department faculty, related program staff, the Dean of Arts & Sciences' Office, the Provost's Office and other campus offices.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Operations-Manager--Humanities-and-Arts_R0001497
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |