Sichuan University – Pittsburgh Institute is looking for full time EFL professionals for fall 2017. Sichuan University – Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI) is a new institute formed in cooperation with Sichuan University (SCU) and the University of Pittsburgh (Pitt). Located in Chengdu, China, SCUPI is one of the institute-scale, collaborative entities between leading universities in the U.S. and China. The undergraduate program, focusing on advanced sustainable manufacturing, offers three undergraduate majors in Industrial Engineering (IE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), and Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), following the Swanson School of Engineering’s core curriculum. Within six years, enrollment is projected to reach a steady state of 1600 students with a faculty of approximately 80 members. All courses will be taught in English. SCUPI will have a new building to be constructed on Sichuan University’s international campus in Chengdu, Sichuan. The building will house state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities and provide students with active and innovative learning experience.
Starting Date: September 2017
▶ Job description:
1. Teach undergraduate courses 20 hours per week.
2. Develop course plans, teaching materials, and curriculum
3. Advise students
4. Collaborate with native speakers of English who teach STEM courses
1. MA in ESL, EFL, or closely related field
2. Minimum 5 years teaching experience
3. Experience teaching in a variety of different countries
4. High level of English proficiency
▶ Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience teaching English for Specific Purposes
2. Experience in STEM courses (Science Technology Engineering and Math)
3. Flexibility and ability to cooperate with others in a dynamic environment
4. Proficiency in a language other than English
▶ Required documents:
1. Resume or CV
2. Cover letter
3. 3 references
4. Teaching statement
Prospective applicants should email the required documents in pdf format. Use the subject heading "Search Committee", and mail to Mr. Al Evans, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.