Search for University Jobs in Humanities

Job ID: 116747

Adjunct Faculty, Gender and Sexuality
The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts

Date Posted Dec. 6, 2018
Title Adjunct Faculty, Gender and Sexuality
University The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Department Faculty
Application Deadline Open until filled
Position Start Date Available immediately
  • Adjunct/Clinical Professor
  • Women's Studies
    Gay/Lesbian Studies

The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts is seeking a part-time instructor to teach a Gender and Sexuality course this spring. The course will be taught to students in PAFA’s BFA program, and will address issues and theories surrounding gender and sexuality, in particular current feminist and queer theories and practices in relation to the emergence of these ideas in the twentieth century.

An MA is required and a PhD is preferred. A record of post-secondary teaching experience is also preferred, as well as a demonstrated ability to work with visual arts students.

Applicants should submit a cover letter outlining their experience and interest in teaching the course, a resume, contact details of three references and examples of scholarly work to, fax to 215-972-6194, or mail to Human Resources, 128 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19102. Please include "Gender and Sexuality" in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately until position is filled.

  • The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the recruitment and retention of qualified candidates for all positions. PAFA encourages members of all diverse groups to seek employment with us.

Please reference in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.

Contact Information

  • Human Resources
    The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
    128 N Broad Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
  • (215) 972-6194


Refer this job to a friend or colleague!

New Search | Previous

Looking for a higher education job?