Instructor of History
Auburn, NY Campus
Cayuga Community College’s School of Social Sciences and Education seeks applications for a full-time, ten-month, tenure -track, teaching faculty appointment in History.
· Master’s in History with community college teaching experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated commitment to teaching a diverse population of students and familiarity with our community college mission.
· Teach ten classes per academic year as full-time load, advise students, serve on committees, assist division chair with scheduling and updating history classes, attend faculty and division meetings and maintain office hours.
· Familiarity with current course, program, and curricular assessment practices.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Additional experience and interest in on-line learning and instruction is desirable.
· Additional competency in Geography (United States and World) is desirable.
$56,538 plus excellent fringe benefits.
Review of applications will begin immediately with an anticipated start date of fall 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All applications must be submitted electronically. Submit your letter of application and resume/curriculum vitae, together with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references to HR@Cayuga-cc.edu NOTE: Candidates are encouraged to submit unofficial transcripts with their application; official transcripts are required by date of hire. The College only accepts degree credentials from accredited institutions recognized by the U. S. Secretary of Education and the New York State Department of Education.